This is my first tag - hooray! :) This is a toughy...
1. My family and friends. Logan and Kade are the two most important boys in my life. They both drive me crazy at times but I love them and would be lost without them. I am very very lucky to have both my side of the family and Logan's all right here in WA. Now we will never be allowed to move away... Kade can grow up with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins right here - how lucky is he? I didn't have that growing up and think it's so great that he will. I love my amazing sisters - they are each so different and I learn so much from them. Super sappy but we are best friends. My friends are also amazing and help keep me sane. I have some that have been my friends since kindergarten and of course ones who I've met throughout the stages of my life. I am blessed by these friendships and look forward to cultivating new ones!
2. LAUGHING!! I love a good belly, oh my goodness I am going to pee my pants, I just snorted laugh. I love being with people who make me laugh and have found that you must be able to laugh at yourself. Otherwise, life would be really, really boring. :)
3. Nature and being outdoors. I love being outside!! I love seeing the different seasons. I love finding cool new places and exploring them. I wish we had more sunshine here but love when it is out in full form. :)
1. That something will happen to myself or Logan and Kade will be left all alone. I saw something on TV awhile back that has completely haunted me. Short version - something happened to a mother and her toddler was left alone for days until someone found him. I will stop there because just thinking about it gives me anxiety. :)
2. That something terrible will happen to Kade. I don't need to elaborate on that one. :)
3. Clowns. Super creepy and would not have a place in society if it was up to me. :)
3 Current Obsessions
1. Peanut Butter. This has been an ongoing obsession throughout my life. I eat it every day. I think it is fantastic and could go on almost anything. Thank you Grandma Frances for starting this love affair I have with Peanut Butter.
2. Yoga and Swimming. Swimming to me is more then exercise. It has become extremely theraputic and makes me feel as if I could fly. Yoga makes me think about how our bodies really are a gift. Plus it is pretty cool when I can finally do something in class that a couple weeks before I thought - "What the?! You cannot bend that way!!"
3. Like Kedra - the show, So You Think You Can Dance. Being raised with sisters who are all dancers I have a real appreciation for all different styles of dance. Myself, I am a ballet, tap, modern dancer dropout. I knew I was doomed when my toes would cramp up just from trying to point them. The adjective "graceful" will never be used to describe myself. :)
3 Random/Surprising Facts About Myself
1. I came "this close" to marrying someone else...
2. I used to have quite a few body piercings back in the day...
3. Before I became one of the "oldies standing in the back trying desperately to hang onto their youth" I used to go to concerts all the time and go in the pit and crowd surf...ahh...the good old times.
I'm now tagging
Monday, July 7, 2008
Kade turned 2 on the 28th of June. I can't believe I'm a mom of a two year old... That Saturday was hot hot hot so I was glad we were able to have his zoo birthday party at my parents. We had kiddy pools, sprinklers and a slip n' slide to keep the kids nice and cool. After we dragged them out of the water (they wouldn't get out by their own free will) we went on a hunt to find the zoo animals (stuffed animals hidden in the living room). No animals were harmed during this activity.
A couple days later we went to the circus in Monroe. We were a little skeptical and weren't sure what to expect - it looked pretty ghetto. But we all had fun and Kade would not get off the pony ride. He chickened out as we approached the elephant - he was HUGE! Logan was relieved since he was worried about him riding it anyways. I thought it was funny that Logan was more worried then me - doesn't happen that often... :)