So...its 9:30pm and I'm waiting for the last batch of cookies to get out of the oven (can you say "self sabotage" anyone??) and I've decided to blog for the first time in FOREVER. I feel guilty over not having blogged in so long but then I think, does it really matter? Does anyone even read your ramblings?? Probably not so then the guilt goes away. :)
Tonight, this post is devoted to my boys. I have to. I adore them. They make me laugh and make me want to pull out my hair - but not at the same time.
I remember thinking to myself when Kade was little that he must be one of those serious, observant babies. He wouldn't just give up his smiles and belly laughs freely - you had to work at it. But now I think, I just wasn't entertaining enough for him. He needed a brother! Kade and Connor keep each other laughing all day long. All Kade has to do is look at Connor sideways and he is laughing so hard he's snorting. I love how they think the other is the funniest thing in the whole world. I hear this doesn't last so I will treasure these moments!! They also like to snuggle - I'll walk away for a moment or two and come back and find them like this. And it melts me.
A little info on what these little guys are like at the moment...
Connor at 8 months:
- He's a chub. He has the softest, squishiest cheeks that are irresistible (poor kid is always getting squeezed). He is in the 95th percentile for both weight and height and has already outgrown his first car seat (which we thought would last for at least the 1st yr).
- He is a rolling machine. His favorite hiding spots are in the family room corner under our tree, squished under the recliners, in my closet and halfway under the couch (he's too chubby to get all the way under). He is oh so close to crawling - I give it another week or two. Yikes.
- He loves to yell "GA!" and everything is ba ba ba. He also has two extremes - either he is laughing and smiling or he is yelling (not a happy shout but an "I want something NOW" kind of yell). The yells usually mean a couple things - 1. I am hungry and you are not feeding my face fast enough... 2. I am tired and you missed my sleep window because you were sidetracked by something else... and 3. I have rolled under something and I am stuck - please get me out now mom.
- He ADORES his brother and is always looking around the room for him.
Kade - 4 yrs next month!!
How do I sum up Kade?? There are so many parts to his personality. He is extremely inquisitive and an observant boy. He is always asking what certain phrases or words mean that he hears (whether its in an adult conversation, on tv or while we are out and about). The other morning while we were eating breakfast he turned to me and asked, "Mom, what is God's plan?"
- He boosts my self esteem on a regular basis by telling me things like, "You are amazing, you can carry my box of toys upstairs all by yourself!" or "Wow Mom, you are incredible because you gave me more pretzels - I sure am lucky!" My favorite, "Wow Mom, you are sooo strong - you lifted the stroller out of the car!" That's right. He's so smart. :)
- He LOVES to make his brother smile and laugh and thinks its the coolest thing when Connor reacts to his silliness. He will make the same sound over and over, or pretend to fall until it actually starts to hurt - just because it gets his brother to chuckle. He is extremely protective of Connor also which warms my heart and I hope that will not change over time.
- Kade is extremely interested in learning how to read right now. We are working on it and he is loving it. I didn't want to push it but he's initiating it, so...why not?
- This kid has an insane amount of energy. He doesn't walk - he runs. I think Cross County will be in his future.
- Despite his need for movement, the one thing that can keep this kid still is the computer! He would play on the computer for hours if you let him. It is definitely something we have to keep on eye on!
- He has many identities throughout the day. One minute he is Iron Man, the next Spiderman... I have to call him by his correct superhero name which gets tricky since they change constantly.
The picture below is one of my favorite most recent pics of Kade. Dress clothes, elbow and knee pads, rain boots and painting the sliding door with bubble solution...what more can I say?