Monday, August 11, 2008

And the Gold Medal for Worst Morning Ever Goes To...

The Black Household!! If I was ever to start drinking - this would be the morning to put me over the edge. :) Okay - so it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty ugly. Sometimes you have to just throw your hands up and have a good laugh but I haven't been able to do that yet with what happened this morning. :)

Here's what happened...
Around 8:30 I decided to give Kade a bath while I got myself ready in his bathroom for a meeting that was at 9:30. While getting ready my mind started drifting back to the Olympics (I have been TIVOing it like crazy) and noticing that my belly was hanging over my jeans more then usual, I decided that I'd hit the gym after my meeting. I decided to run downstairs quickly and grab my MP3 charger to put in my gym bag. As I ran back up the stairs I heard Kade crying and whining about something. I went into the bathroom and as I got closer I realized that within the minute that it took me to snag my charger - Kade had pooped (A LOT) in the tub and was clearly freaking out.

So I quickly pulled him out and ran to my bathroom to stick in him the tub (telling him it was okay but trying my hardest not to gag as it was all over him) while he proceeds to PEE everywhere. Lovely. I get him all washed off and clothed and happy and then face the dreaded poopy bath tub. yuck. After a couple deep breaths in the hall I went to work. Okay it gets worse. I try to get most of it out and flush it in the toilet next to the tub and just because things weren't bad enough - the toilet gets clogged. Picture me with a plugger now close to swearing as Kade is practically sticking his head in the bowl to see what I am doing and toilet water is splashing all over us. Gross!!

By the time I head down stairs (cleaned up and changed from the nastiness that was my morning) - I am already about 15 minutes late. The toilet isn't unclogged but I need to head out the door. Kade by this point is losing it because he has been ready to go outside since the minute his clothes were on. As he is pulling on my legs and whining I realize that I can't find my keys. So I proceed to dump out every bag and purse I own in a hot pursuit of finding those stupid keys!!! I've gone through them all twice and decide that I need to take a deep breath and say a prayer. After doing so (and hearing Kade say his own - something to do with trains and blessings) I go back to my black purse which I have searched multiple times and yup - they are in the pocket. So I guess the morning ended on a good note. Although I was almost a half an hour late to my meeting and my toilet is STILL clogged...The Joys of Motherhood.

Here are a couple pics of the culpruit that started the whole unfortunate chain of events... Here he looks so cute and innocent (skinny but sweet)...
But this next one is more like the boy I saw this morning... :)

10 comments:

AMB said...

Oh man, I laughed at lot at that. As soon as I read the title of your post, I knew it had to be about bodily functions, because it really never gets worse than that. I hope your day got better. Oh, and sorry for laughing. :)

Shauna said...

Ick!! Cleaning up poop is the worst. Boston used to poop up his back daily. I'm glad you got through your day without swearing...ha ha! Kade is so stinken cute. Sure gives you a run for your money huh?

Kristen said...

I feel your pain. I had one of those mornings a few days ago, but it was all day long. You are a trooper, especially for transfering the poop from the tub to the toilet. WOW!

Jenny said...

Wow! Gold medal winner hands down!!

Natalie said...

Well hello cous! :o) I love your blog and this story! Well maybe not the story per se (kinda gross), but the way you told it was just brilliant. I remember some not so fun experiences kind of like this (not at all pleasant). You are a champion! Kade is so so cute! I'm glad we can keep in touch in the blogging world now. Love ya!

Heidi said...

Oh no! That is awful, but I had to laugh when Kade said his own prayer about trains. So cute!! :)

Colleen said...

Leah! I have so had mornings like that. Sorry for the nasty, but it is good you can laugh now! I love that bottom picture!

Chalonn said...

Okay, this really is a super funny post mostly because I can just imagine you telling it in person. You are an amazing mom though for dealing with poop in the tub without cursing! Ewww! It's disgusting..b/c of my reaction to it last time, my kids are just as scared of the floating poop like it's going to bite them...anyway, adorable prayer said by Kade....trains and blessings...it always works!

Aimee Oliver said...

All I can say is "I've been there and I feel your pain!"

Stacy Henrie said...

Leah - I'm so excited I found your blog (thanks to my mom)! Kade is so cute. I think he looks so much like a Brudvik but with blonde hair. :) What a morning - glad you survived and can laugh about it now.