Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back to Nature at Last - Ocean Shores or Bust!!

When we were first married, Logan and I went camping a lot. We loved being outside by the fire and snuggling in our sleeping bags in our cozy tent at night...then Kade came into our lives and we stopped our summer camping adventures. What a travesty. Why stop going you ask? I don't know. Maybe because I pictured Kade covered from head to toe in dirt during the day and crying in the tent all night waking up at the butt crack of dawn ready for another round - of dirt... I've gotten over my fears however and resolved to take him camping this summer. But not until Logan and I had our own Adults Only Camping Trip. Sounds so racey doesn't it? Hate to dissapoint but it was pretty tame - although it did involve a lot of wetsuit wearing...
The Camping Crew - Eric, Sarah (my sis), Logan, Me, Eve, and Micah all clean, well rested and ready for our trip. And yes, my younger sister Sarah is taller then me - not fair but I've come to terms with it. Sort of. :)
Gotta love road trips - minus the traffic on the way there... Eric was feeling a little woosy and it looks like I have a pig nose. Sarah looks cute though. :)
Nighttime was fun with a lot of food and chit chat by the fire... Pretty harmless until we started playing the game Would You Rather. I'll spare you the details but I almost peed my pants laughing (more then once)...come to think of it, maybe I should get that checked out...
(just kidding).
The girls in the morning... notice the bags under my eyes? Thanks to our lovely air mattress that decided to crap out and completely deflate, Logan and I slept on the lovely rocks under our tent the first night. Love it.
One thing I like about camping is that the guys usually do all the cooking. Why? Maybe its that they feel more manly over a grill or camp fire. Who knows. Either way I'm a fan.
Now to the real reason for our trip. The wetsuits. We always wear a wetsuit when we camp. I love it - it makes me feel like dancing. Okay - only half of that is true. I do feel like dancing when wearing a wetsuit but our reason for our trip was to surf. As a side note - could there be anything more unflattering then a wetsuit? My guess is no but I'm open to a debate.
Surfing! I love it!! There is a reason my parents would call me their lil fishy - I could live in the water. Logan managed to catch this shot but missed the time the board flew up in the air and smacked my head...that would have been a good one. There is always next time.
Exhausted and hungry after a couple hours trying to catch some waves. I had sand in my eyebrows and swallowed too much sea water but it was worth it. :) P.S. do not enlarge this photo as I am sure it is scary and might cause you to lose some sleep.
A post-camping/surfing pic trying to capture just how nasty and gross we were. I think it does a pretty good job.
Lastlly - this picture is dedicated to my sister. There is no one else in the world who could pull off the socks in flip flops look. You are amazing.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

that looked like so much fun, and you were child free. how cool is that. your burn has already turned into a beautiful tan.

Shauna said...

what a fun trip! That's awesome that you got to take an adult trip. I think the wet suit is hot! and your hair is soo dang cute! I miss my hair like that. We just got back from camping and I'll post about it soon.

S Cooper said...

Haha those pictures brought back some funny memories! Wetsuits were the best thing ever invented...especially for dancing and frolicking in the parking lot! We need to have another camping adventure this summer :)