Sunday, January 4, 2009

And the Winner Is...

As promised - I'm about to share with you my family's Christmas Sweater Creations...

Warning: some of the pictures below are slightly inappropriate (mainly my parents sweaters) and you will most likely never look at us the same way again.

We decided to unveil our creations one couple at a time. After seeing them all in their glory we decided that it was just too hard to choose one "ugly" sweater. We needed to have several categories: Naughtiest, Cutest, Most Creative, Ugliest, Hottest, and Tackiest.

Here we go....

1st couple: Sarah and Eric
It's hard to see in the picture but Eric's sweater had hoops in it to make the shape of the tree and was seriously blinding us with his lights. I think the bows are a nice touch. :)

Sarah won the award for the "Cutest" sweater. I bet some old lady out there would actually buy this sweater and wear it for real. I want to borrow her snowball earrings. Couple #2: Alisa and Brien
Alisa and Brien were Santa's Special Helpers. Alisa won the "Hottest" award although we debated whether Brien should have tied with those legs of his. :) Alisa's shirt said "Gangsta Wrapper" which gave it just the right ghetto touch.

Couple #4: Terah and Jared
Terah's sweater "Death to Gingerbread Men" won for "most creative" and would have won "Creepiest" if that was one of the categories. :) It had an LCD screen with a sweating, baking gingerbread man in the middle and dismembered gingerbread men all over the front and back. It's hard to tell in this picture but there are drowning men on the bottom. Oh and you can't forget the ones being hung by a noose from candy canes. Yikes.
Jared won "Tackiest". If you see this pictured enlarged, it is easy to see why. The santa's face is actually a picture of my mom's face and the body is made from Budweiser cans. Classy.

Couple #5: Mom and Dad
I'm not sure what to say about my mom and dad. They both won hands down for "Naughtiest".

Upon closer examination it's not be hard to tell why they won in this category. I am still in awe of my dad's motif - he created every last bit of it. My mom made him make some alterations - I guess it wasn't PG 13 enough. I don't want to know.

Couple #6: Logan and Leah
So, our battery on our camera conveniently died before Logan and I walked the runway. When my sister emails me a pic from hers I will post it. You'll have to rely on the group pic and my descriptions for now. :)

Logan's sweater vest and mock turtleneck were deliciously horrible and the blinking Christmas lights on the bottom added a special flare to his ensemble.

Nothing says "Ugly Christmas Sweater" to me more then a sweater with cats on it. So you can only imagine how excited I was when I found one. It worked too because I won "Ugliest" (and tied for naughtiest - perhaps it was because of the tights in lieu of pants). :)

And there you have it. Can't wait to see what my family will come up with next year...

4 comments:

Natalie said...

These pictures are priceless! That's all I can say. :o) You guys look awesome!!!

Shauna said...

Those pictures are hilarious! What a great family activity. I like you and Sara's the best! Classic ugly sweaters. I don't know how you will top it next year. It looks like your parents just really wanted to go all out/dress up! Too funny.

Kedra Simpson said...

I love it!!! The most hilarious thing ever!!

Platteborze Possy said...

I really needed a good laugh! Your parents are hilarious and scandalous! What a great family tradition!