Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day with Family

On your mark, get set, go!!! Could my niece be any cuter?
She humors him. What a good cousin
Football!!! One of the most coordinated kids I've ever seen!
Nana and Kade after another trip to see the turkeys

We spent Father's Day at my parents this year. It was such a beautiful day - the kids couldn't wait to get outside and neither could the adults. I am so thankful to have grown up with such a caring father. I know I gave him a run for his money but he tried his best to show his love and support in the ways he knew how. I still look to him for advice, guidance and counsel and love how he is such a great grandpa (papa) to Kade. I love that the first thing Kade wants to do when we go to my parents is to have Papa take him to see the turkeys. :) He survived raising four emotional, irrational red-headed daughters which is an amazing feat in itself. He is a great Dad. This is where I get even more mushier (slightly gagging but I'm sincere) - Logan is an amazing dad!! I LOVE how he makes up games, songs and silly things for Kade. Hearing their stomping footsteps as they chase each other upstairs and Kade's uncontrollable laughter as he's pelted with a pillow fills me with even more love for these two important boys in my life. :) I'm grateful for a husband who takes his role as a Father seriously and wants to be a good example to our Little Kid. Love you Logan. :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you posted some pictures of Kade...he's gotten so big and he's so handsome. Where were you? I'd love to see more pics of you guys.