Monday, June 23, 2008

Recitals, Birthdays and Rock Band Oh My!!

Friday, my amazingly talented older sister held her very first ballet recital for her dance school. She blew us all away with her choreography, teaching skills and solo. Especially the splits in the end. Yah - that's what I said - splits! I can't remember the last time I could do the splits... I tried ballet when I was little but my toes would cramp up every time I pointed them. Needless to say I quit. But I am glad she stuck with it because she is a beautiful dancer and great teacher. Lydia (her daughter) was equally amazing and we couldn't be more proud!!


Could she be any cuter? Here she is saying, "Oh Leah - you are so funny. You are my favorite Aunt." Okay, maybe not but she is still cute. Amelia was crawling around like a crazy animal on Saturday. I can't believe how strong she is. She will be walking in no time. Sorry Alisa and Brien. :)
Okay - this is almost too creepy for words. I wish we had a clearer shot of the doll on the left but my bro-in-law looks EXACTLY like this doll from High School Musical. Lydia got it for her birthday and I started laughing so hard that I almost snorted. Not good. Creepy Eric, but I love it.
Happy Birthday Lydia! She is getting so old!! For her birthday party she wanted to invite a few friends and have a sleepover at a hotel. Swimming, pampering - can you tell she's a girl? So cute.
The after party. Doing what we do best. (Okay maybe the rest of the fam...) Isn't my mom hot?! Hope those genes will kick in one of these days.

Well...that was our weekend in a nutshell. :)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I love rock band too (we played a ton during Christmas break and then Nathan broke down and bought Guitar Hero) It's great seeing pics of your sisters...they look great and so do you (where did your big boobs go skinny girl? ha ha)

The Nedrys said...

ROCK BAND IS THE BEST GAME EVER! My brother-in-law has it, and we played it for hours when we were in CA. I am hopeful that Brian and I will get it one day. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Chalonn said...

your family is adorable! I haven't played rock band yet...we have guitar hero and american idol...so all I need to learn is the drums now...girls night out eh?