Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ghost of High School Past

Okay, I have this same recurring dream a lot and it just haunts me. I am back at my high school and I have just realized that a. it is finals week, b. I have been skipping so much that I can't find my locker and I've forgotten my combination and c. I cannot remember what my schedule is or where my classes are. I am running through the halls, in a panicked frenzy and I know that if I don't pass my math final (it is always either math or science - evil, evil subjects) I won't be able to graduate. I wake up freaked out and just can't seem to shake it (at least not for a couple hours - usually around the time Curious George is over). Why is high school haunting me? Is it Karma for all those days that I skipped and went to my boyfriends house or got slurpies with my friend Kristen? I have no idea. All I know is that I hate them and they are even worse then those awkward ex-boyfriend dreams (come on ladies - you know what I'm talking about - can I get a holla?!) Why can't I dream that I can fly or something normal like that?

5 comments:

AMB said...

Holla!

Seriously, I know exactly what you're talking about with the dreams about exes.

S-T.E.C.H. said...

Hooray!!!! You are now a blogging machine and you can see how addicting it is! I love you!!! (janelle)

Kedra Simpson said...

That is so funny! i can totally Holla right back at ya with the ex dreams. Hopefully the school nightmare will end soon!

Kristen said...

I know all about the ex-boyfriend dreams. Mine started 2 years ago just before my 10 year highschool reunion. Wierd! I totally relate to the dreaming about forgetting the locker combination. I had those dreams all the time in HS!!!!

Aimee Oliver said...

Hey there! Found your blog, yeah! I think I've had your exact dream from High School and I always wake up in a panic! I haven't had ex boyfriend dreams-but mine have been scarier, I dreamt I was having a great time kissing someone and then I open my eyes and its my bro-in-law not my hubby! YIKES! Spence wakes to me being very upset and grossed out and then when I tell him he just laughs!Luckily he gets me laughing along pretty quick, too :)
Somehow the girls heard about it and now will say at the most inopportune times, "Mommy, tell the story about you kissing Uncle Tony!" Gotta love em!